MPG TO VOB CONVERTER (DVD)

David4637 21:01 05 Dec 05

Pinnacle Studio 9 Users only
I rendered video with Menu Buttons (these buttons select 2 movies) as an mpg file rather than to a DVD (DVD option creates a VOB).
Question - if I convert this mpg to a vob with a conversion software will the Menu buttons work, and will the quality be good?
If so could you please suggest a freeware mpg to vob converter. Thanks David

Mark5001 15:49 06 Dec 05
  David4637 16:19 06 Dec 05

There is certainly a lot of reading on the S/W you mentioned. Have you used gfd, it appears to be able to create menus rather than being able to convert existing Menus from an mpg before saving to a VOB. I will look into it, and thanks for your suggestion. David

Mark5001 18:22 06 Dec 05

No I have not used this software. I only use TMPGenc DVD author click here. It was well worth the cost and gives me exactly what I need. I convert old home movies to DVD for customers and have never had a problem. I have not managed to keep any of the original menus in an MPG as they are part of the file and DVD menus are a separate file from the movie. There is no doubt a better person than me on this forum who could explain how this is done.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Sniper Elite 4 review: Headshotting Nazis has never felt so good

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

The Best Design, Illustration, Animation and VFX Awards of 2017

WWDC 2017 dates: How to get WWDC 2017 tickets, when is WWDC 2017 and more details announced