mpg to DVD

puma22 10:09 20 Oct 05

Hi can anyone help with this? I have had a look at some older threads and tried using nero (got nero express)..It comes up woth an error message saying no compatible files.
also, can i shrink the files so that i can nicely fit onto a DVD. Have tried DVD shrink for this and again it doesnt recognise the file format.
Cheers

Eric10 10:30 20 Oct 05

I usually use Nero Vision Express to convert the mpegs to DVD format before burning. I haven't used any other programs but a quick Google on 'mpeg to DVD' brought up this click here and this click here from a page of results.

dth 10:32 20 Oct 05

nero express worked for me and was quite straightforward-ish

puma22 10:37 20 Oct 05

Tried again and when asked what i want to do and then hover over the button 2DVD- video files, it says ...Please note that to make a DVD-video from video files, you must huse a DVD authoring tool such as Nerovision"??? Does this come with nero express 6. If so what does it look like and if not any suggestion on what version i need?
Cheers

Eric10 10:43 20 Oct 05

Nero Express will convert mpeg to VCD or SVCD which will play on most DVD players but will give the error message mentioned if you try to create a DVD directly from an mpeg.

dth, if you know how to do it can you give details please.

Eric10 11:51 20 Oct 05

Nero Vision Express is part of the full Nero package. Version 2 came with Nero 5 and version 3 with Nero 6. If you only have an OEM version then it wouldn't be included. If you have a full version but don't have Vision Express installed then you can download the relevant parts of the suite from click here. If you feel like spending some money and upgrading then Nero 7 will be available to download from 26 October click here. A user guide is available to download from click here so you can see what the program looks like.

stlucia 13:47 20 Oct 05

To get the best out of a DVD you need to use MPEG2 files; that's probably why Nero only allows you to create the lower-quality VCD with the file(s) you've got.

Long time since I've burned a DVD, but from memory my software (Pinnacle, and Roxio) requires MPEG2 files for DVDs also, so it might be that you simply can't create a DVD using MPEG files. Maybe someone can enlighten us.

puma22 14:19 20 Oct 05

Thanks for all the suggestions. I have been having a look at programmes on the PC and found one called sonic. It looks that this might do it. However, i havnt any files at the moment (bought a tv card and am trying to copy tv progs so I can watch on couch rather than on a hard chair in front of PC.) I need to capture another tv prog. Neighbours is on at the min, so might record this and see if it works.
Will post back as to the results!

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Sniper Elite 4 review: Headshotting Nazis has never felt so good

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

The Best Design, Illustration, Animation and VFX Awards of 2017

WWDC 2017 dates: How to get WWDC 2017 tickets, when is WWDC 2017 and more details announced