shunter 14:17 16 Oct 04

Hi Can anyone help or suggets what I'm doing wrong.
I've taken some digital photos and movie clips with my Fuji FinePix F401. I've tried to burn them to disc (CD-RW) using ahead Nero (ver I want to play them on my DVD player (Philips)in my lounge. The stills (JPEGs) come out fine but even though on the menu the player sees the AVI clips it will not play them at all. I've tried changing the file name form .AVI to .MPG which then turns them in mpg movie clips and saved/burnt these... but still no joy. I now I can play MPEGs on my DVD player fine as a mate of mine burnt a mixed disc (CD-R)of JPEGs and MPGs from a Sony camera. Should I be using CD-Rs as well or will that not make a difference?

Anyone got any ideas please.

livewire 14:20 16 Oct 04

Simpily changing the extension for the file name will not change the files format.

I will send you a small program to help you with this. (AVI2MPG)

shunter 14:23 16 Oct 04

Thanks livewire. Will converting them over to say MPEG solve the problem do you think? Presume the CD-R versus the CDRW does not really matter?

shunter 15:16 16 Oct 04

Could you send me that again to my Hotmail. Fantastic isn't it when Hotmail blocks everyting it considers to be unsafe!!

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Apple Event live stream | Apple October Event live blog: Watch Apple unveil new MacBook Pro, new…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Lida designs a cross-stitch email sent to thousands of Ikea Family members

Apple Watch 2 review | Apple Watch Series 2 review: Faster performance, a brighter screen, water-ret…