mpeg2 files how do i record to dvd

dazzling (work) 22:37 11 Jun 03

i have some mpeg2 files from a tv tuner card on my hard drive which i want to transfer to dvd so i can play it in my dvd player(not dvd rom on computer the one in the front room.does anybody no of software that can do this in one go.ive seen the guides using tmpgenc and ifo edit but its a bit complex for me.any ideas greatly appreciated.darren

TOMMO01 22:44 11 Jun 03

Your MPEG2 files must be DVD compliant. audio at 48000hz and a compatable bitrate.

TMPPEnc does have MPEG2 compliant templates which make the process easy.

Once the files are encoded you need an authoring program. Basically this allows you to make a menu to select the video item to play but more importantly it will create the neccessary files for you. It will convert the mpeg files to VOBs and will create the IFO and BUP files for you. The new TMPENC will do this for you you or purchase ULEAD DVD 2 which is not too expensive or you can buy a OEM version of Sonic MYDVD from SVP for £19 and that is pretty handy too. Of course if you want the full bells and whistles and AC3 audio then you need to look at DVD Workshop, DVD Architect or some of the upper price region versions from Sonic.

All of the above program will burnt the files to a DVD for you as well or you can use NERO.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Microsoft Surface PC release date, price and specs: All-in-one Surface PC to directly rival iMac

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Best Photoshop video tutorials: 8 video tutorial websites for Photoshop

Apple's event invitations decoded: A look back at 16 of Apple's most cryptic invites | Clues in…