Mpeg2 to DVD

maz2 10:19 03 Jun 04

Has anyone any idea how I can convert some MPeg2 files to DVD a friend has put some film on a disc as SVCD and unfortunately it won't play in DVD standalone player I wondered if I convert them so that they would play

MichelleC 10:42 03 Jun 04

Nero 6 will convert and burn, but are you sure they're mpeg2 as the file would be quite big for svcd (or short film).

stlucia 12:37 03 Jun 04

If they're MPEG2 files, and if you've got a DVD burner, the latest versions of the mainstream burning softwares such as Nero, Roxio, Sonic MyDVD, etc. will create a DVD for you.

TomJerry 12:45 03 Jun 04

svcd2dvd click here

maz2 23:53 03 Jun 04

Thanks for that I had Nero but only the oem version I've now upgraded it and find that I can do it on there Cheers

maz2 14:19 06 Jun 04

I had a go with the Nero but find I only have success on DVD+ and not DVD- also it takes about 8 hours is this right or is there a faster way to do it

stalion 14:34 06 Jun 04

what is the spec of your pc? it is the rendering that takes all the time but it should not take more than a couple of hours

TomJerry 22:58 06 Jun 04

it costs a tenner, but surely your time worth more than that.

maz2 23:28 06 Jun 04

AMD Duron 1.30Hz 224MB Ram and 80 gig hard drive

y_not 06:11 07 Jun 04

FYI I recorded 32 minutes at the Motor Show last week - yesterday it took 260 minutes to render (including titles/effects/fades etc.)

My spec Duron 700, 380Mb RAM, 2 x 80Gb HDD's ... and a little programme called Enditall which shuts down all non-essential running programmes while the rendering is going on.

I don't think that that sort of time is too bad?

maz2 10:24 07 Jun 04

Maybe I'm using the wrong part of Nero, I've just downloaded the newest version and I'm not very clued up on what I should do, I first tried on DVD-r which wouldn't play at all then I tried DVD-vr which was ok but took a long time, can anyone tell me what part of the programme I should be using I must be going wrong somewhere

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

What is Amazon Go and will it come to the UK? The store without checkouts or queues

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Why ecommerce hasn't taken off on social media

New MacBook Pro 2016 review | MacBook Pro with Touch Bar review: Apple's expensive and powerful…