Mpeg2

susiepops 18:11 14 Apr 05

Confused needs some help please.

I have created some mpeg2 files using Videostudio 7 but when playing them on WMP version10 I get pictures but no sound. In addition if I close the file WMP continues to process in some way, doing what I know not, using my cpu to the full and slowing everything down to snail pace.

The files play on PowerDVD and Media Player classic with no problem.

€dstowe 19:17 14 Apr 05

WMP is typical of a lot of Windows add-ons. It does a job but not very well, sometimes only half a job.

timeteam2004 09:24 16 Apr 05

Go click here Download and install the Mpeg4 codec and you should then get sound.

susiepops 23:43 16 Apr 05

Downloaded codec but still no sound. The files continue to play with other software but not wmp. What concerns me more is that when I close the diles down some process is clogging up the PC and slowing it to a crawl. All virus checks etc are OK so am baffled

ACOLYTE 23:51 16 Apr 05

Do you have any plug ins running in WMP? sometimes these can mess things up especially the Nero 1 if so try stopping them from running,I'm surprised that the codec isn't already there if you made the file with video studio 7 then usually the codec for it will Be installed
with the program.

Rogerfredo 09:16 17 Apr 05

There is a reference to a problem with WM player 10 and Mpeg2 files on the Windows Media site.
This states the resolution as being in Service Pack 2.
I assume you are running XP, so have you got this pack?

susiepops 10:48 17 Apr 05

Yes have windows XP and service pack2. I am going to upgrade to Videostudio 8 and hope this may resolve the problem.

timeteam2004 23:41 19 Apr 05

I remember a problem like this actually. I had no sound in WMP 10 when playing mpeg2. If you are using a camcorder, they sometimes record audio in this format. So an AC3 filter should do the job.
click here AC3 Decoder
click here AC3 Filter.
Try it, it may just be the answer.

TomJerry 00:48 20 Apr 05

susiepops 13:30 28 Apr 05

Have not found the solution but the sound is present after burning to CD?DVD so still assume WMP is the culprit.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

How to get Windows 10 for free | How to install Windows 10: There is still a way to avoid paying…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Hands-on with the Star Wars fighting drones you can fly yourself

15 macOS Sierra tips | How to use macOS Sierra: Secret tricks and best new features in Apple's new…