MPEG to VCD

Clonetrooper 17:48 11 Jan 03
  Clonetrooper 17:48 11 Jan 03

Using WINDOWS XP and ROXIO EASY CREATOR 5.

Trying to convert MPEGS onto a VCD.

Programme seems to work up to the point of writing the video to CDR.

DO I USE A NORMAL CDR to RECORD ONTO OR A SPECIAL VCD.

User-312386 17:56 11 Jan 03

normal CD-R

madboy33

Edezine 18:07 11 Jan 03

Nero 5.5 is much better click here

Clonetrooper 18:38 11 Jan 03

I AM CONVERTING MY VIDEOS TO THE CORRECT MPEG/NTSC FORMAT.THERE IS A PROBLEM IN WRITING THEM TO THE CDR.

DO I HAVE TO CHANGE THE CD RECORDER IN ANY WAY?

WiLL-A 19:15 11 Jan 03

I experienced problems between Windows XP and Roxio Easy CD creator.

Firstly, you need to get a few updates from the Roxio website to increase compatability between the two. Hopefully this will solve the problem.

But as mentioned NERO is much better and hassle free under Win XP. Easy CD Creator is based on an ancient Win95 engine and hence not up to the task - certain elements of it will not work under XP no matter what (mainly that backup feature).

And lastly, if u live in the UK u should be converting your video to PAL for playback on a UK(PAL) TV as its superior quality, even if your TV has NTSC playback.

Clonetrooper 20:43 11 Jan 03

Thanks Will.

I have the roxio updates but still no joy.

Should I uninstall Roxio before Nero?

I like Roxio for having Direct CD and its layout for making CDs so would like to keep it.

Clonetrooper 21:35 11 Jan 03

I have installed NERO and burnt a video to a CDR to make a VCD.

On opening this VCD there are 5 files containg unopenable documents:
CDI
EXT
MPEGAV
SEGMENT
VCD

There is no video in there.

???

MichelleC 12:39 12 Jan 03

Easy and Nero can conflict. If you make do without Easy uninstall it totally and see if nero works. If not uninstall nero and reinstall.

MAJ 12:57 12 Jan 03

It's been a while since I made a VCD, but from a dodgy memory, open the "MPEGAV" folder and then you can right click one of the files in there and choose to open it in Windows Media Player. If I remember correctly, it's a DAT file.

Clonetrooper 16:46 12 Jan 03

Thanks,

I have burnt the video onto CDR now OK and can watch the video using media player as a way of opening the DAT file in the MPEG folder on the CD.

This is progress. However my DVD player doesn't recognise the disc. This DVD player can play VCDs 'cos I've used it before with them.

Is there anything else I can do??

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Surface Pro (2017) vs Surface Pro 4

20 groundbreaking 3D animation techniques

How to mine Bitcoin on Mac