mpeg movies

pete h 13:22 18 Feb 09

hya people and i hope someone out there can help me, i have just purchased a new jvc video recorder that uses a SD card to store the files onto. i put the card into a card reader to download onto my laptop. they appear in mpeg format and wont play on any of my media players saying they dont recognise this format. can anyone tell me how to change the format for my files to play on windows media, or vlc or infact anything.

pete

audeal 13:54 18 Feb 09

Make sure the SD Card is formatted using Fat or Fat 32 format.

My SD Card which plays in my Car Radio had to be formatted using the Fat format. Nothing else would work, not even Fat 32, so you may need Fat.

eedcam 13:58 18 Feb 09

Hi Video recorder or do you mean camcorder if the latter you might find this site useful as Not sure its just a case of converting
click here

Though you could try super its free just Drag the file and choose the output in though if vlc wont play it super might not accept
When you open this link click on the download from mirror link goes straight to the download
click here

MAJ 14:09 18 Feb 09

Install the K-Lite Codec Pack, click here it should have the correct codec to play the files. As eedcam says, try VLC Player. click here

Terry Brown 14:17 18 Feb 09

Download this Free file click here, it will find most formats and convert to most other formats, so you should find one that suits you.
Terry

pete h 15:35 18 Feb 09

thanks for all your help but eedcam your info was great mate it works a bloody dream thanks, if your in notts at anytime drop me a line and i will buy you a bigggggggggg beer. seriously guys thanks for your help

pete

eedcam 18:54 18 Feb 09

Glad you are sorted Pete and thanks for the offer
Cheers

Tery Ahem! super already been Linked

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

What is ransomware and how do I protect my PC from WannaCry?

What I learned from my mentor, Oscar-winning VFX supervisor Phil Tippett

Siri vs Google Assistant