MPeG to DVD

Stroller 19:55 06 Jan 06

I have a Freecom DVB-t USB stick, which does what it says on the package.
I have recorded some TV shows to a partition on the hard drive, (as MPeG) but I am having difficulty in copying them to DVD so I can watch on the big screen.

I have tried various programs, (WMP, Nero 6, and trials of other programs, but for some reason cannot get the shows from hard drive to DVD.

Most succesful was Wallace and Grometts 'Good Day out' (used as a test) but the picture was elongated (tall and narrow), and other attempts have no picture but sound, others are a total failure.

The DVD burner, Pioneer DVD-RW DVR-109, burns MP3's, pictures and data back-ups with no problem.

Any suggestions most welcome,

TIA, Stroller

Fruit Bat /\0/\ 20:06 06 Jan 06

Tried a program DivxtoDVD but sound is out of sync.

So will also be interested in any replies to this thread.

flobby 20:10 06 Jan 06

Hi Stroller,
Try DVD Santa click here
Cheers
Flobby

john-232317 20:29 06 Jan 06

You need something to convert it to mpeg2, such as TMPGEnc

click here

dan12 22:33 06 Jan 06

Try thisclick here

Skills 22:41 06 Jan 06

If you have nero vison express as part of your nero suite it should do the conversion for you. Mind you last time I tried it took an age gave up in the end and used TMPGEnc

Audeal 23:56 06 Jan 06

I use Ulead DVD Movie Factory with no problems. Try their web site
click here

steve0 10:19 07 Jan 06

Why bother converting - Many DVD players will play the file created by the DVB-T stick directly. I have two dvd players - one from ASDA (Pacific make) plays the file perfectly. My other dvd player (Aria) plays the file but has no sound on it!

ashdav 10:48 07 Jan 06
  Stroller 14:44 07 Jan 06

Steve0

How do get from DVB-T stick to DVD directly?
I havn't found this yet.

I use Asda Pacific DVD players so should have no probs playing my own DVDs, I have made photo DVDs and copied the freebie DVDs from the weekend newspapers and they have played OK.

DVD santa gave me another elongated version on DVD, and sound was well out of synch.

the version of TMPGenc I downloaded "does not or cannot support" MPEG files, so I am doing something wrong but what?

I am DL-ing Movie factory so see wha happens with that.

I am glad that XP has system restore!

Stroller

Umbrella 18:32 06 Mar 06

Try click here because I had the same problem but I downloaded AVS Video Editor and it works fine.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Surface Pro (2017) vs Surface Pro 4

20 groundbreaking 3D animation techniques

How to mine Bitcoin on Mac