MPEG-2 Codec issue in Ulead Video Studio 9

de_de 10:38 21 Feb 09

Hi, I have Ulead Video Studio 9 running on Windows XP on my desktop. I installed it years ago and managed to capture DV camcorder files in AVI format with success.

I now want to use these AVI's to produce Video_TS files for burning to DVD. The problem is the MPEG-2 codec was only a 30 day free trial (although I bought it boxed retail, I don't where the activation code is any more)

Ulead has been bought by Corel and apparently they don't support these older Ulead products.

I installed the program on my laptop from the CD and that re-set the 30 day trial. Therefore, I thought that uninstalling it off my desktop and re-installing it would reset the 30 days, but to avail (even after using cCleaner to clear any bits left in the registry)

Once the 30 days runs out on my laptop I'm in the same predicament as the desktop.

I tried installing other various free MPEG-2 codecs hoping the application would be compatible, but no. It will only let me make VCD's.

I know I could use other AVI - MPEG-2 converters, but I really want to use this Video Studio.

Is it a case of dumping Video Studio 9 and buying a new later release?

Any advice welcome...regards

MAJ 10:59 21 Feb 09

Try burning the avi files to DVD with DVDFlick. click here

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Surface Pro 5 News - release date, UK price, features, specs

Animator Emanuele Kabu’s psychedelic video is a stunning tribute to Lisbon city

Best Mac antivirus 2017