MP3s to MP3 player problem!

rickf 11:40 24 Sep 03

Hi All,
I downloaded some Mp3s for my son. Then burnt them on Cdrs. They work fine. He then tried to move the song over from the Cd to his Mp3 player via his comp. which came out as cdas and would therefore not play. Has the format changed from the transfer? Any ideas appreciated.

rickf 11:42 24 Sep 03

As addendum to above, The mp3s on his cdr play fine on his mp3 capable CD player. Its when he transferred them to his digital MP3 player that they would not work.

kinger 11:44 24 Sep 03

Drag the MP3's from the CD to a folder on your hard drive. That way they will stay as MP3's.

It seems that you are re-converting each file otherwise.

Use the MP3 players software to import the MP3's that you just dragged or copied to the folder on your hard drive.

Confab 12:16 24 Sep 03

When the MP3's were burn on to the CD were they burnt as MP3's ie as data or did you burn the files as audio. What software did you use to burn the CD

rickf 14:15 24 Sep 03

Thanks for replies. I'll try what Kinger suggests first. To confab, They were just simply dragged across to the CDRW drive from Windows explorer. As said they play find on his CD Player which is also capable of playing MP3s. Will give you a feedback later.

rickf 17:14 24 Sep 03

Its resolved using kinger's suggestion. Thanks.

kinger 21:02 07 Oct 03

Thanks

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

New Google phones UK release date | Pixel XL price, new features, specifications: Pixel X and…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

This is the future of TV, VR and holograms

iPhone 7 review: Enhanced cameras, a refreshed design and water resistance make the iPhone 7 an…