MP3 & Windows Media Audio File types

StevieB77 19:24 26 May 03

Is there a major difference between an MP3 Audio file and a Windows Media Audio file? The reason I ask this is because I need to know if a portable MP3 player will still play a file that is a Windows Media Audio File.

leo49 19:33 26 May 03

Er.yes there is - they've been compressed from the original by different processes and aren't interchangeable.

Regards

Zaxifone 19:36 26 May 03

If the player can play WMA it should state it, as they are totally different types of file in that respect. Generally, an MP3 player can not play WMA files unless it's designed to. The difference between them is the way they are encoded using different codecs. WMA files are usually smaller and of better quality. Hope this helps...

Z.

StevieB77 19:47 26 May 03

Thanks for the advice. If that is the case is there any way of converting from WMA to MP3?

Zaxifone 19:51 26 May 03

Yes, you can do it with DBPowerAMP. You will need to install it and download a seperate plugin that allows you to work with WMA though. You can get it if you click here

And it's free....

Z.

Zaxifone 19:52 26 May 03

Yes, you can do it with DBPowerAMP. You will need to install it and download a seperate plugin that allows you to work with WMA though. You can get it if you click here

And it's free....

Z.

Zaxifone 19:54 26 May 03

Sorry about the double posting. I received an error when posting. Strange...

Anyway, hope this helps...

Z.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Best phone camera 2016/2017: Galaxy S7 vs iPhone 7 vs Google Pixel vs HTC 10 Evo vs OnePlus 3T vs…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

The Pantone Colour of the Year 2017 is Green

Super Mario Run preview | Hands-on first impressions of Super Mario Run: Mario's iPhone & iPad…