Legolas 19:34 14 Dec 05

I bought a new MP3 player and in the specifications on the web site it states that if you store your music in MP3 format it will take up to 60 tracks or about 2hrs of music. If you store the music in WMA you will get 120 tracks or 4hrs of music but I noticed that an MP3 file of the same song is smaller than one in the WMA format so how can you store more WMA than MP3? Most puzzled I am.

stalion 19:35 14 Dec 05

i would say that is exactly the wrong way round

kro 19:48 14 Dec 05

I think it will depend on the bitrate of the format. If you rip a track using Windows Media player set on standard wma it has a bitrate of 128 Kbps (kilo bits per second). If you set it rip an mp3 at the same bitrate it "should" be larger.

Legolas 22:11 14 Dec 05

I Discovered that if you rip using Media Player 10 set to WMA variable bit rate it will be considerable smaller with no noticable loss of quality. The CD I ripped was 57mb when ripped as MP3 and 37mb when ripped as WMA variable bit rate.
So puzzled I no longer am.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Apple Event as it happened | Apple October Event live blog: Apple unveils new MacBook Pro at…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Graeme Messer's exhibition aims to challenge fears and insecurities

New MacBook Pro release date, price and specs | New MacBook Pro 2016 announced: Now with Touch Bar…