mp3 transfer problems

SRM662 21:17 16 Aug 05

In summary, I have purcashed an MP3 (Creative Zen Micro). I can transfer files to the device, see the files on the device, even (I think) play tracks,using the device, via my PC. However I can't seem to be able to listen to these tracks using the device itself.
The 'history' below suggests I have a problem with my PC, somehow.
Anyone any ideas what I should look for to try and correct any problem?

The potted history...

Originally purchased an ipod mini but had problems accessing files on the player. Being new to this thought there may have been something wrong with the player (plus wasn't fussed on this device).
Purcahsed another device and managed to copy files fine, however couldn't hear them on the player. That went back to.
Have now purchased the Micro and managed to transfer and listen to files - but only from another PC.
Using another PC seems to give no problems at all but I can't get it to work on my own.
I'd rather not return another deivce!!!

Big Elf 21:42 16 Aug 05

Did you have any problems installing the Creative MediaSource software etc. in your PC?

Have you tried different earphones?

Napster 2005 21:45 16 Aug 05

I know you have previous problems but the first thing to do is start basic so try reformatting the mp3 by going to my computer, right clicking and clicking format.
Napster 2005

SRM662 09:42 17 Aug 05

No problems installing the software.
Didn't try different earphones as the tracks that I'd copied using another PC were still there and played OK.
May try reformatting the player. Admit I think it unusual that I should need to - as it's brand new and worked fine the first day I'd got it using another PC.

Will give these a go though.

Thanks

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

How to get Windows 10 for free | How to install Windows 10: There is still a way to avoid paying…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Alex Chinneck’s giant ice cube Christmas tree at Kings Cross

Apple rumours & predictions 2017: The iPhone 8, new iPads, and everything else you should expect fr7…