mp3 tracks to phone

gidster 21:28 11 Jul 07

hi how do i make mp3 tracks smaller to fit on my phone and what software do i need . ive got audacity but cant get my head round it i could do with something for beginners.

cheers

Devil Fish 22:43 11 Jul 07

change the bit rate though you will will loose quality 128kb is generally accepted as the medium between quality and size

the lower you go the poorer the quality gets

ie 64kb gives worse sound quality than 256kb

any way my weapon of choice for conversions is cdex whch is open source freeware available from

click here

and it is very easy to use

Demora 22:44 11 Jul 07

This would depend on which phone you have and what you mean by smaller. ie in MBs or kybps.

Also if the phone is capable of using a memory card minisd/Transflash or Memory Stick mini.

I use Musicmatch to rip cds into mp3 and then bluetooth to my Sony phone. BUT I [urchased a gigabyte memory card for it.

D

gidster 18:19 12 Jul 07

cheers thanks for your advice

gidster 19:22 12 Jul 07

hi again i think i got it wrong the mp3 track is already 128kbps but its to big and by that i mean size its 3.31mb . what i want to do is shrink it so it doesnt take as much space on my phone i know it can be done because some one sent my the song crazy and it was now where near that size.

baldtaco 01:50 13 Jul 07

gidster, hola

This recurses directly back to the advise Devil Fish offered above. At 3.31meg your track is already on the lean side as a consequence of the bit rate you cite. It is certainly a lot lighter than the standard I use. As Devil Fish mentioned, you could make it even smaller, there's no doubt about that, but accordingly you will suffer degradation. As you only want it to play it on a phone that may not matter. If that's the case, Devil Fish has already provided you with an ideal way to accomplish this. cdex happens to be my weapon of choice for mp3 ripping too.

baldtaco 01:50 13 Jul 07

gidster, hola

This recurses directly back to the advise Devil Fish offered above. At 3.31meg your track is already on the lean side as a consequence of the bit rate you cite. It is certainly a lot lighter than the standard I use. As Devil Fish mentioned, you could make it even smaller, there's no doubt about that, but accordingly you will suffer degradation. As you only want it to play it on a phone that may not matter. If that's the case, Devil Fish has already provided you with an ideal way to accomplish this. cdex happens to be my weapon of choice for mp3 ripping too.

gidster 21:19 15 Jul 07

cheers everyone i changed the bit rate to 64 or 60 someting and it reduced loads and it still sounds alright for a phone.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Surface Pro 5 News - release date, UK price, features, specs

Gear VR vs. Daydream: Which delivers the best VR experience?

Best Mac antivirus 2017