MP3 Tagging for Dummies

warthog01 10:49 06 Oct 05

I've just started trying to catalogue my MP3 collection and transfer the files to my Creative Zen Touch player. I've purchased NOTMAD to transfer files and that works very well, but I haven't cracked the mysteries of tagging as yet. I've tagged all my files using MP3Tag. Very simple, Artist and Title only--everything looks good (and it also looks good in NOTMAD audio files), but when I drag 'n Drop to import the files into the Zen Touch player, they turn into dog's dinners--track numbers, album names, all sorts of stuff I've intentionally excluded from the Tags. Obviously it's me, but is there a "Tagging 101" site out there that can take me from MP3 files to Zen Player one step at a time so what I've set is what I get???

Thanks

Chegs ® 10:57 06 Oct 05

Never experienced anything of that sort,I used JetAudio to tag my MP3's,and this info stays as set regardless of where I shift the files to.

warthog01 13:40 06 Oct 05

Thanks, Chegs--I'll give JetAudio a try, but I think the tagging software (MP3tag) is fine--it must have something to do with the way I'm using it. Example: my files are on my hard drive. I open that directory in the tagging software, tag happily away, and then drag 'n drop all the files from the "C" Drive Directory into the NOTMAD Audio Files table (with my Zen connected, of course). The table looks fine, but when I open the files on the Zen, files are there, but the format has changed. Looking at it now, the format on the Zen is similar to entries in the "Title" column on NOTMAD (which I can't seem to alter).

I remain confuzed.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Best phone camera 2016/2017: Galaxy S7 vs iPhone 7 vs Google Pixel vs HTC 10 Evo vs OnePlus 3T vs…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

The Pantone Colour of the Year 2017 is Green

Super Mario Run preview | Hands-on first impressions of Super Mario Run: Mario's iPhone & iPad…