MP3 'Ripping' with Media Player 9

ThisNameIsMine 16:37 30 Apr 03

I purchased software to allow windows media player to copy from CDs to MP3 at a cost of $9.95. I recently had to format my drive off and was unable to recover the software. Do I have to pay for it again or are there any free plugins out there?

Lú-tzé 16:52 30 Apr 03

There is a free plugin available - the Radium codec is also necessary. I don't know where I got it from, but if you would like me to email it to you, contact me via the little envelope beside my name above. It is about 900kb in total, and involves a reg file to be added to your registry as well as an install of the codec.

ThisNameIsMine 16:55 30 Apr 03

I am very wary of installing registries and programs from complete strangers, a URL would be sufficient thanks.

Lú-tzé 17:03 30 Apr 03

Fair enough - I don't know where I got it as I said but do a web search for Radium codec mp3 media player 9 and see where you get to.

Or do a search on these pages and the answer may be given - I have a feeling that I got it here.

For what it's worth, the changes to the registry to be made are as following:

REGEDIT4

[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\MediaPlayer\Settings]

[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\MediaPlayer\Settings\MP3Encoding]
"LowRate"=dword:0000dac0
"MediumRate"=dword:0001f400
"MediumHighRate"=dword:0003e800
"HighRate"=dword:0004e200

ThisNameIsMine 17:03 30 Apr 03

I have found one by my self. Thankyou anyway Lú-tzé.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

iPhone 7 review: a range of small updates add up to an excellent phone

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

How New York’s Stylin’ Seniors became a golden social media campaign

23 Apple Watch tips & secret features: Master your Apple Watch, Apple Watch Series 1 or Apple…