mp3 Retrieval

DavidM4 20:17 08 Apr 04

Accidentally deleted my mp3s to the recycle bin, clicked to restore all items and they disappeared, then tried a system restore and still no joy. Please help!

Diodorus Siculus 23:16 08 Apr 04

click here for a utility that might help.

DavidM4 23:52 08 Apr 04

Thank you soooooo much! If you have ever done anything like that yourself, you'll know what an absolute hair pullin' out experience it is.

The app works brilliantly and it's free, Virtualab would of cost me loads to get back my tunes.

Top marks.

Cheers.

QQAA 00:10 09 Apr 04

thanks for the introduction of some freeware such as "Restoration", relating to undelete of accidentally-erased or virus-destroyed data from the harddisk.

somehow, i do feel that the other freeware "Handy Recovery" mentioned in the SnapFiles website (previously called Web Attack) seemed equally if not more interesting and i intend to download into my pc for a taste of it. more product details can be found at click here.

daba 00:18 09 Apr 04

Could be useful for others to know more info on this.

What O/S (Windows Version)?

Where were the files located ? (C:, D:), and how deep was the directory structure ? (could be a difference in path-length capability between explorer and restore functions)

How many files did you delete (in one go or several stabs)?

How long after deletion did you realise, then try the restore?

Was the PC re-booted after delete, before restore ?

I'm presuming it was the Windows 'standard' recycle bin, not an 'enhanced' one, like Norton's Protected Recycle Bin?

Have you tried it since? (Use a temp directory with copies of your files).

Personally I've not heard of this happening before, but if it is an O/S bug there's quite a few people would be interested no doubt.

DavidM4 11:28 09 Apr 04

The O/S Windows XP.

The files were on C:, in folder.

About 350 files deleted.

Straight away.

PC was rebooted.

Yes , Windows standard bin.

Yes, it worked.

Thanks.

The Spires 11:55 09 Apr 04

Diodorus Siculus great utility.

Diodorus Siculus 12:01 09 Apr 04

The Spires; yes I agree. Simple and does what it claims to do. I've used it a couple of times and am very impressed.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Surface Pro (2017) vs Surface Pro 4

20 groundbreaking 3D animation techniques

How to mine Bitcoin on Mac