MP3 recordings on DVD will not play

rafvr 15:20 14 Jul 05

Firstly, I have to admit that I know almost nothing about MP3 recordings except that they are compact. I have just purchased two DVDs with several talking books recorded onto them in MP3 format. I was under the impression that if I played them in my DVD drive on my computer, I would be able to listen to the recordings. However nothing happens except that I am told to install a DVD. Can anyone tell me if this type of DVD should play on my computer (Advent 3119)? Do I need to do something or install something to make them play or have I wasted my money on these DVDs?
Any advice or help will be gratefully received.
Thank you,

pj123 15:41 14 Jul 05

You need something like PowerDVD or if you want a free one try JetAudio from click here

Scroll down the page to the bottom to Jetaudio 6 and click on "Basic Download".

rafvr 13:02 18 Jul 05

Thank you pj123 for your reply. I do have Power DVD installed on the computer and on my old one, so I set up the older one and the discs played fine so I 'phoned the "Mastercare" helpline and after trying a few things was told that my DVD Drive had gone u/s.
Thank you again for your help.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Apple Event as it happened | Apple October Event live blog: Apple unveils new MacBook Pro at…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Graeme Messer's exhibition aims to challenge fears and insecurities

New MacBook Pro release date, price and specs | New MacBook Pro 2016 announced: Now with Touch Bar…