MP3 problem

stephenson51 17:06 15 May 06

Realise this is not a PC problem persee but I have a Ministry of Sound 20gb hdd MP3 jukebox player (model mosmp028) which has been working fine but now when i turn it on I get a screen message 'DRAM Failure' and the bloody thing then just turns itself off!

Is this a fundamental error that cannot be rectified or is there a way round this?

All comments would be much appreciated

Best regards
David

Curio 18:17 15 May 06

Is the battery flat? My Creative Touch displayed a statement that the HDD was Defective. Then I charged the battery and all was well again.

stephenson51 08:05 16 May 06

Thanks Curio but that was the first thing I checked and the batery is fully charged

strech 08:26 16 May 06

sounds like memory to me

stephenson51 10:25 16 May 06

Thanks strech - does this mean it is totally f***ked??
or can I do anything to recover the memory?

Curio 18:22 18 May 06

I see you have not had much response. I have to ask, have you contacted MoS re your problem? They Must Have a Site

rodriguez 18:45 18 May 06

The DRAM is the solid state memory inside the player. Yours is a 5 GB model, so I assume it has a hard drive. The DRAM stores some of the firmware, so if this has failed it will need to be sent for repair or replacement. There isn't a way you can fix it yourself unless it decides to work again on it's own.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Samsung Galaxy Book review: Hands-on with Samsung’s high-end hybrid

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

This is probably one of the best bank ads we’ve seen

Apple Watch 2 vs Huawei Watch 2 comparison review: watch out for 4G smartwatches Apple