MP3 Playlists etc

huggie 18:42 01 Feb 06

I've just got into MP3 (I know I'm a bit late!). Generally I am intending to rip my CD collection and convert to MP3 (is there a copyright problem with this?). I've got as far as downloading a plug-in to WMP, and I can now copy and convert my CDs. However, it's a bit long-winded to search through a long list of tracks (currently around 400 on my PC and 40 on my SE K750i phone) and play them one at a time. I am aware of things called playlists. Can anybody recommend a good book, journal or magazine etc with clear, simple and easy to follow advice on how to group together tracks and play more than one at a time?

BurrWalnut 19:15 01 Feb 06

Click Now playing and simply drag the files into the right pane.

When you're happy with the list you have, click File, Save Now playing..... As and give it a name, e.g My Top 50 or Classical.

ade.h 21:57 01 Feb 06

Make use of the Genre field in the Advanced properties of each file, or better still, use the more detailed fields that are available in WMP's own Advanced Tag Editor.

How do I get that? I hear you say. Right-click a track in any of the panes - Now Playing, Rip, Library, etc. Speaking of the Library, that's your friend for monitoring folders and pulling together artists and genres.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Surface Pro 5 News - release date, UK price, features, specs

Animator Emanuele Kabu’s psychedelic video is a stunning tribute to Lisbon city

Best Mac antivirus 2017