MP3 Player Sound Quality

Jason-211945 16:38 13 May 05

I have a NAPA 256LCD MP3 player. All of a sudden, the sound has lost quality. Basically it sounds all distorted! I've reformatted it, I've erased everything and put it back - still no joy. Any ideas?

Curio 20:11 13 May 05

Check the Headset socket and plug for good connectivity. Also check any switches/buttons for dirt. If not that, no other suggestions other than checking troubleshooting in your paperwork or as a last resort, send it back if under warranty

Curio 20:12 13 May 05

Also check state of battery

Curio 20:15 13 May 05

And confirm Headset is working OK

Jason-211945 17:18 16 May 05

Tried all of the above to no avail. Took it back to Dixons who said that there was a problem affecting small numbers of these products. The headset connection within the unit sometimes 'disconnects' a little causing the sound quality to diminish considerably. They happily exchanged it for a new one which, I'm glad to say, works fine. For a budget MP3 player, it's not a bad little unit either!

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Nintendo Switch review: Hands-on with the intuitive modular console and its disappointing games…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

VFX Oscar nominees 2017: Discover how the visual effects were created

Best alternatives to iTunes for Mac | Best music players for macOS: Free your music from the…