Mp3 player microphones; any good?

orlandogreenback 21:10 14 Sep 04

I'm looking to get a HDD mp3 player but want to record lectures on to it to; question is, are the microphones on these players in general any good? I've heard good things about the Iriver IHP 1XX series; can anyone confirm for me if the mic is of sufficient quality to do what I need to do?
Ta!

orlandogreenback 22:16 14 Sep 04

;-)

Valvegrid 23:46 14 Sep 04

I have just been reading the spec, forget the internal microphone, unless you can get within a few tens of inches from the speaker. I notice you can use external microphones with it. I would suggest getting a good quality cardioid mic for it, when recording try and get the mic as close as you can to the person speaking to reduce, as much as possible, room reverberation which will make the recording clearer. If the room is large and you can't get near the speaker, you may have to use a hyper-cardioid mic, which is very directional which will cut out a lot of extraneous noise.

The cost of a good quality mic will cost anything over £60, anything less you start to come into the Karaoke quality, inveriably they start to sound 'boxy' at any distance from the speaker. Shure, Beyer and Audio-Technica are all good makes who market reasonably priced mics.

click here

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Best phone camera 2016/2017: Galaxy S7 vs iPhone 7 vs Google Pixel vs HTC 10 Evo vs OnePlus 3T vs…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

These are the Best Christmas Ads and Studio Projects of 2016

Super Mario Run preview | Hands-on first impressions of Super Mario Run: Mario's iPhone & iPad…