MP3 player drivers

nelliehob 09:57 15 Dec 03

I have an AV+ MP3 player and I recently upgraded my OS to XP. The only problem is that with XP it will not let me download to the MP3 player. I have managed to lose the diver disk that came with the player, does anyone know where I could get one, or any other ideas are welcome.

Big Elf 10:07 15 Dec 03

What's the make and model of the MP3 player?

nelliehob 10:28 15 Dec 03

ITs an AV plus - I bought it about a year ago from Ebuyer, who as you have probably guessed can't help.

Big Elf 10:30 15 Dec 03

Is there any more detail listed on the player? The driver would normally (but not always) be available on the manufacturers site.

Big Elf 10:32 15 Dec 03

If it's an Archos then click here

nelliehob 10:45 15 Dec 03

I'm afraid not even the setup booklet that came with it had no manufacturers name or web address!

Big Elf 10:47 15 Dec 03

Visit the site I included in my post. You may be able to identify it visually (If it's an Archos that is).

nelliehob 10:53 15 Dec 03

Thanks Big Elf I will give a try.

temp003 10:57 15 Dec 03

Is it one of these? click here Can't find a driver on the net (but I haven't kept looking).

If it's a USB device, XP should be able to recognise it as a USB mass storage, and you should get in My Computer an extra icon called something like Removable Disk with a drive letter, then you just delete from or copy to the drive letter as usual in Explorer. Can it not work that way?

nelliehob 19:23 24 Dec 03

HI
I've tried all of the suggestions above and even managed to find the web site of the AVplus (avplus-china.com) in china, which is as much use as a chocolate fireguard! Anyone got a driver disk ofr any other suggestions?

Big Elf 19:36 24 Dec 03

Without being able to pin down the manufacturer it's a bit difficult.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Surface Pro (2017) vs Surface Pro 4

20 groundbreaking 3D animation technologies coming to Siggraph 2017

iPad Pro 12.9 vs Surface Pro 5