MP3 Player causing problems!

bryrach 10:10 31 Dec 04

The drivers and software appear to have loaded, and the mp/player when installed in the usb port does light up and recognise with powered USB on display, but there is nothing on "my computer" that i can see as a drive and when i click on the player software it says no player found I am running Win XP.Its an MP Man 128mb Storage with voice recorder and pocki drive. Any help would be make my new year.

rickf 11:37 31 Dec 04

If you go to device manager under systems you'll probably find a question mark under something like USB hub. Right click on this, then driver, then update driver and the drivers should install from there. Good luck!

bryrach 11:51 31 Dec 04

Rickf, ta for quick response. I had tried that all through device manager etc. It did say I had maybe too many USB devices hooked up and that they may be drawing to much power for the MP3 to work. I've unplugged all devices, then tried again but still no joy. Any other clues?

Stuartli 13:12 31 Dec 04

You shouldn't need to install a driver for XP.

Try uninstalling the player and then letting Windows install it for you - it should see it as a removable drive.

Stuartli 13:13 31 Dec 04

An unpowered USB hub would also cause problems.

blulightning747 15:17 31 Dec 04

Stuartli is probably right. When i tried to install my bluetooth adapter and it's software the computer didn't find it (XP). After uninstalling the software i used windows' drivers and now it works fine. Give it a go.
G

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Best phone camera 2016/2017: Galaxy S7 vs iPhone 7 vs Google Pixel vs HTC 10 Evo vs OnePlus 3T vs…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

These are the Best Christmas Ads and Studio Projects of 2016

Super Mario Run preview | Hands-on first impressions of Super Mario Run: Mario's iPhone & iPad…