//some 3rd party need geo

MP3 Player battery discharge problem

golfpro 08:40 26 Jul 04

I have a MPX Valencia MP3 player, just recently I purchased a 198mb SD card for it to boost the capacity, This works OK but when I leave the card in the slot the batteries discharge after a few hours even when the player is switched off. Anyone any ideas why? I tried contacting the support site, but as usual have had no answer.

jonnytub 09:36 26 Jul 04

I too had the valencia with that same problem, after many hours of googling what i basically came up with is when the card is inserted, regardless of whether or not player is powered up or down, is that a small circuit is kept "alive" and this provides enough strain on the batteries to drain them completely, i got this from a few different techy forums so i can't gaurantee the quality of advice, but when a few different forums are agreeing on the same thing the consensus would be to also agree. After all it does seem the most logical explanation. I simply took the batteries out when i'd finished, got sick in the end and bought a new one.

golfpro 12:04 26 Jul 04

Thanks jonnytub, I think I wiil do the same and buy a new one, trouble is what do I do with the SD card, don't answer that :-)

jonnytub 12:08 26 Jul 04

sorry can't help myself, i'm addicted !

Keep it, you never know what it may come in hand for.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

What is Google Allo? What is Google Duo? Google Allo UK release date rumours and features: Google…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

These clever designs help visualise a complex intelligence tool

iOS 10 troubleshooting tips: Simple fixes for the most common iOS 10 problems, from network…