mp3 player

gidster 16:15 29 Dec 05

i got my son an mp3 player for xmas to put his music on by converting his cds . ive just been reading its illegal. so whts the point of an mp3 player then

Carbonara 16:21 29 Dec 05

Guess you didn't read the other thread very carefully. In the UK it is illegal to copy copyright works, millions do it and so long as you are doing it for your own personal use you will get away with it.

SANTOS7 16:25 29 Dec 05

click here
The MP3 format itself is perfectly legal - but like most things, it can be used both legally and illegally.

* It is legal to download an MP3 file from a website if the owner of the site has permission from the song's copyright holder.
* It is also legal to create MP3s from your own CDs and store them on your computer.
* If are visiting an MP3 page and see music by artists like Madonna, Britney Spears or any other big artists, the songs may be illegal to download, but if the artist has given permission to their fans to distribute live recordings (for example the Grateful Dead or Pearl Jam) then it is legal to download their music.
* Remember that, while it's legal to create MP3s from music you already own, it's illegal to swap these with your friends or post them on a Web site without permission.
* For an explanation of the UK record industries' attitude to MP3 and copyright go to the website of the British Phonographic Industry.

text taken from link,it may clarify a few things for you,good luck....

gidster 16:28 29 Dec 05

ok thanks alot, so basically im alright then as long as i dont sell them or give them away which is not my intension.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Nintendo Switch (Nintendo NX) release date, price, specs and preview trailer: Codename NX console…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

8 things designers (and brands) need to know about the modern woman

How to speed up a slow Mac: 19 great tips to make an iMac, MacBook or Mac mini run faster | Speed…