mp3 player 128mg how many songs ?

patsyanne 18:35 08 Aug 05

this is a question for my best friend she has a mp3 player and it only holds 33 songs ! is that right ? its only 128 mb ,thanks

SANTOS7 18:46 08 Aug 05

Probably about right with the default file compression of the prog you have used to convert your songs or downloaded from net, you can increase the file compression ratio to put more songs on but the more you do that the more you compromise the quality of the song.

stalion 18:48 08 Aug 05

that's about right a cd at 700mb holds about 200+

stalion 18:49 08 Aug 05

that's about right a cd at 700mb holds about 200+

patsyanne 18:58 08 Aug 05

Thanks SANTOS7, stalion, well what a waste of time one of those players are then ! cheers .

Totally-braindead 20:14 08 Aug 05

patsyanne you can reduce the size of the files and get more on if you want. The size of the files depends on the bitrate. If you create a MP3 with a lower bitrate you can make it smaller and consequently get more on the MP3 player. The bad point about this is lowering the bitrate also reduces the music quality but its a personal thing. Tell your best friend to try creating say 3 MP3 files of the same song and tell her to create them using different bitrates and see what she thinks. If the smaller files sound acceptable to her then she will be able to get more songs on but even then I think its unlikely she'll get much more than 50 songs on it. But it'll cost her nothing to try it.

Totally-braindead 20:14 08 Aug 05

patsyanne you can reduce the size of the files and get more on if you want. The size of the files depends on the bitrate. If you create a MP3 with a lower bitrate you can make it smaller and consequently get more on the MP3 player. The bad point about this is lowering the bitrate also reduces the music quality but its a personal thing. Tell your best friend to try creating say 3 MP3 files of the same song and tell her to create them using different bitrates and see what she thinks. If the smaller files sound acceptable to her then she will be able to get more songs on but even then I think its unlikely she'll get much more than 50 songs on it. But it'll cost her nothing to try it.

patsyanne 20:47 08 Aug 05

Thanks Totally-braindead i copy what you said and email her,my mp3 player can store 13,000 songs20gb, so something that can only get on the most at 50 is a waste of time you soon get fed up with the same songs.

patsyanne 20:48 08 Aug 05

Thanks Totally-braindead i copy what you said and email her,my mp3 player can store 13,000 songs20gb, so something that can only get on the most at 50 is a waste of time you soon get fed up with the same songs.

patsyanne 20:48 08 Aug 05

wee eddie 22:23 08 Aug 05

How many of your songs do you listen to at a sitting.

It is not that much hastle to load a new play list every couple of days. In fact it would probably take her less time, than it would take you, to search for and decide upon which tracks to play on that mini screen of yours.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Best phone camera 2016/2017: Galaxy S7 vs iPhone 7 vs Google Pixel vs HTC 10 Evo vs OnePlus 3T vs…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

These are the Best Christmas Ads and Studio Projects of 2016

Super Mario Run preview | Hands-on first impressions of Super Mario Run: Mario's iPhone & iPad…