MP3 Muppet needs help

RamUK 11:48 21 Feb 04

I'm finally going to get an MP3 player after my cd finally gave up the ghost. I've decided to go for the BenQ but have no idea about the best sites for downloading. Has anybody got a few pointers for somebody that likes dance music but also more mainstream stuff and maybe wants to download an album every couple of weeks or so.

Cheers

johnnyrocker 11:56 21 Feb 04

i would suggest a google search for legal download sites where you can get the music of your choice for a reasonable sum.

johnny.

RamUK 12:01 21 Feb 04

I've done that mate and there are so many and I've no idea which are reputable and which are a sack of cack, to coin a phrase.

Forum Editor 12:15 21 Feb 04

for illegal file-sharing sites, so please limit your advice to RamUK to links for legal download sites.

bremner 13:31 21 Feb 04

OD2 click here has a chioce of seven UK sites. I use Virgin - although they have just increased their prices from 60p to 80p per track.

Widows Son 14:27 21 Feb 04

When you say "illegal file sharing sites" I suspect you refer to some of the P2P file sharing applications. These are not illegal, the problem arises if they are used illegally - which I would accept they widely are to download copyrighted material.

I feel it is a bit over the top to place blanket bans on recommending tools which have a legitimate use because they can be used illegally. Or are we to expect bans on mentioning of screwdrivers (screwdrivers are widely used to break into cars and as a stabbing weapon) soon?

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

iPhone 7 review: a range of small updates add up to an excellent phone

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

How New York’s Stylin’ Seniors became a golden social media campaign

23 Apple Watch tips & secret features: Master your Apple Watch, Apple Watch Series 1 or Apple…