MP3 ID3 Tags

spanglysteve 11:23 14 Jul 03

When I migrated to XP I decided it was time to properly sort my mp3 collection by adding id3 tags to all my files.

I thought the easiest way to do this would be to right click the files/propoperties/summary. As you can imagine, this took ages. However I've now found that this info is not stored as id3 tag info, but as some sort of propriety windows data. Is there anyway I can transfer this info o ID3 tags?

stephen

-pops- 11:28 14 Jul 03

I had no idea what ID3 tags were so I looked in Google. As usual, it came up with more information than I could ever want. Have a look yourself and I'm pretty sure you'll find what you're looking for.

scotty 11:40 14 Jul 03

Assuming you have the music CDs that the MP3 files were created from, you might be quicker to rip the files again. A program such as CDex will generate MP3 files complete with ID3 tags.

spanglysteve 12:01 14 Jul 03

most of my mp3's are from the net so i can't do that, any more ideas?

leo49 12:23 14 Jul 03

I use the editing facility built in to JetAudio - not sure though whether this is available in the free version.

Regards

bobber100 12:47 14 Jul 03

You should find something suitable here.

click here

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

How to get Windows 10 for free | How to install Windows 10: There is still a way to avoid paying…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Alex Chinneck’s giant ice cube Christmas tree at Kings Cross

Apple rumours & predictions 2017: The iPhone 8, new iPads, and everything else you should expect fr7…