mp3 headphones

exdragon 07:28 14 Apr 07

Hi - this may be a silly question, but when lengths are quoted for headphones, where do they take the measurements from? Is it from the end of the earpiece to the jack, or from the Y-connection to the jack? I've asked in several places and have got an equal number of different answers.

I ask because I've got a Sony MDR-EX71 set, which are too short, but with an extension cable, they're way too long.

I was looking at these, but see they are a meter long, hence my question

click here

exdragon 07:31 14 Apr 07

Clicking here might be a bit more helpful!

click here

Technotiger 07:34 14 Apr 07

Hi, your 'click-here' is not usable! In any case, why not get yourself a Wireless set of head-phones.

Technotiger 07:36 14 Apr 07

I must type faster.

exdragon 07:41 14 Apr 07

I really want in-ear, noise cancelling ones at a reasonable price.

Technotiger 07:44 14 Apr 07

OK, sorry I can't add anything to your question about cable lengths though.

exdragon 19:15 14 Apr 07

No-one got any idea before I give up?

Technotiger 19:41 14 Apr 07

Hi, final word - Have you tried a Google for what you would like?

exdragon 22:18 14 Apr 07

Technotiger - there seems to be plenty of technical advice but not what I want to know. Maybe I'll take my current ones into a shop and see if I can persuade someone to open a packet so I can check. Thanks for the suggestion anyway

Technotiger 21:36 15 Apr 07

I noticed in todays NOTW on the gadgets page, they mention some new noise cancelling phones of exactly the type you like. They are £99.99 from click here and apparently one can "hear how they block outside noise in the Shure Virtual Sound Lab" so I would guess that means you can have a try-out on that site.

Technotiger 21:40 15 Apr 07

Have just tried that Virtual Sound Lab myself - I see now what you mean about outside sound!! Quite impressive.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Surface Pro 5 News - release date, UK price, features, specs

Microsoft Surface Studio hands-on review: the iMac killer is here

Best Mac antivirus 2017