MP3 Hard Drive Search

Anti_Virus 14:17 26 May 06

does anyone know of a program that searches ur hard drive for all types of music? One where you can exclude a folder to search (i.e. C:/Program Files so no programs' music is included). My internal hard drive space is critical so i've bought an external hard drive, and i'm gunna put all my music on the external drive. thing is, there's so many songs, too many(they're everywhere) any help?

Totally-braindead 17:49 26 May 06

Why not just use windows own search engine, it will search for that.

pj123 18:05 26 May 06

Why are they "everywhere"? That's bad management.
When you save music/songs to your hard drive you should know where you are saving them to?

eg. On my hard drive I have folders for "Recordings", "Music Downloads" and "MP3".

I know where they are so I can transfer/move them to another hard drive/CD/DVD whenever I want.

Anti_Virus 19:25 26 May 06

pj123: they're everywhere because I have 4 teenage children and they rip their cd's onto the pc and dont organize it, if thats alright to you. Why reply to the post just to tell me I manage my pc badly, and not help?

Totally-braindead, I have a problem with the windows search, it's not in the start menu, so i dunno what to do

Eric half-a-bee 21:20 26 May 06

Anti_Virus - I often consider the same question you've posed...

Anyway, if you're using Xp open "My Computer" and you should have a "Search" option in the toolbar at the top. There is a "music" option.

Snec 23:54 26 May 06
  pj123 11:08 27 May 06

I apologise Anti_Virus if I upset you, that was not my intention.

To try and make amends, I use PowerDesk (free from the PCA Forum download site): click here

You do have to enter some criteria (like *.wav, *.mp3 etc) but you can untick or tick any drive you want/don't want it to search. It is also much better than Windows Explorer, which apparently, only allows a one drive at a time search. Alternatively, I also have a program called ThumbsPlus which I got a very long time ago from a PCA Cover disk (December 2001) which doesn't appear to be available on the Download site. (Maybe the CD Editor could find a space to re-issue it).

Quote ThumbsPlus is a highly customizable image database / thumbnails / graphics editor application that makes it easy to catalog, locate, maintain and modify all your graphics and multimedia files. Unquote.

click here

It searches all your drives and finds every Graphic, Clipart, Picture and Sound file and where it/they are located. Again you can omit any drive you don't want to search.

Unfortunately, it doesn't differentiate between the catagories, but it does show a Thumbnail, which if you click on it shows its location.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

How to get Windows 10 for free | How to install Windows 10: There is still a way to avoid paying…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Hands-on with the Star Wars fighting drones you can fly yourself

15 macOS Sierra tips | How to use macOS Sierra: Secret tricks and best new features in Apple's new…