mp3 files will not play

sunways 10:18 14 Nov 05

I have a new Creative nomad muvo tx 128mb player, i have also downloaded mp3 files from tesco.com. I can play the sample files on the player, but the tesco files that i have dragged & dropped will not play, but i can 'see' the files in the players display window running. The tesco do play ok the media player, so what has this first timer done wrong?. I have also tried formatting the player (FAT32 not supported, so used FAT files only, as per hand book) reloaded tesco files but again as above, will not play........

Devil Fish 12:32 14 Nov 05

have just checked the tesco website the downloads are WMA files windows media player format not mp3 unless your player supports wma the files will not work

Skyver 15:33 14 Nov 05

Specs say it will play .wma - but only up to 160Kbps - do you know what bitrate the Tesco downloads are?

The Ghost of Inept Pig 15:38 14 Nov 05

...that the files you've downloaded from Tesco are protected in such a manner that you CAN'T play them on an MP3 player - I bought/downloaded The Killers album from them, and was most upset to find that I was unable to transfer it across to my MP3 player - a case of not reading the small print I'm afriad.

Devil Fish 15:43 14 Nov 05

to find out the bit rate find the file on the pc hover the mouse over it it will give you name file type bit rate and size in a box that pops up

as The Ghost of Inept Pig it could also be copy protection stopping them playing

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Surface Pro (2017) vs Surface Pro 4

Where HTML5 is headed next

MacBook Pro v Surface Pro 5