Mp3 Files fragmented

Connaught 20:20 08 May 03

I use win 98 with 1.8 Athlon, 560 RAM, 2 x 40 GB HDD Sound Blaster Platinum Live. I have created a folder of my piano music in MP3 files and saved them all on a CD. Easy CD says they are saved in such a way as to be readable by any CD Rom.

I have recently bought a CD Player which also plays MP3 files. Whilst there are only 149 files, the player reads 234! Some pieces seem to be spread on more than one number and when playing the piece is played in bits until the end. The sound reproduction is excellent. I have tried playing them though my CD ROM drive on the PC through Music Match Juke Box. Its fine when played one file at a time but when as a playlist there is a lot of hiss and sometimes hesitation.

I do not understand the technology of what is happening and I shall be glad if someone could give me advice

Thanks
Connaught

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

How to get Windows 10 for free | How to install Windows 10: There is still a way to avoid paying…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Alex Chinneck’s giant ice cube Christmas tree at Kings Cross

Apple rumours & predictions 2017: The iPhone 8, new iPads, and everything else you should expect fr7…