MP3 Files

peterleay 15:19 18 Nov 07

Can anyone explain this please? If I download an MP3 file when I play it back sometimes part of a track becomes'ghost like' - as if the singer/musician is playing in an echo chamber next door. This generally happens when it is a 60's/70's recording. Is it anything to do with the way the track was recorded or have I got a setting wrong. This happens whichever media player I use.

octal 15:51 18 Nov 07

I think it's the way it was rerecorded. Nearly all those old recordings were recorded in mono, in an attempt to make them sound like stereo they remixed them in pseudo stereo, most of the time they failed miserably and ended up either with what you are hearing or the stereo split was so bad you ended up with the singer in on corner of the room with the band in the other.

The best thing to do is listen to them in mono as they were intended to be listened to.

eedcam 22:37 18 Nov 07

That could explain it but not many of the 60 's and definitely not 70's tracks were in mono.Can you tell us what artist etc.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Nintendo Switch review: Hands-on with the intuitive modular console and its disappointing games…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

The updated 'Corel Painter inside Photoshop' plugin ParticleShop offers new brushes

Best running headphones | Best sport & fitness headphones: 4 brilliant pairs of wireless…