MP3 Files

Curio 17:40 02 Mar 07

Wife wanted a couple of CDs for her portable CD/MP3 player upstairs. I decided to rip them to mp3, put them on one disc and save a disc. 52.6Mb and 46Mb were the file sizes. Should fit more than comfortably on a 700Mb disc. Have used two different CD Burner progs, DeepBurner and Adensoft CD burner. In both cases the programme rejected the input, informing me I had insufficient space to put the info onto disc. In the end I made two discs. Examination of the discs would seem to indicate that the mp3 files recorded as .wav. Is this possible? Am scratching my head. Help files of both Burner progs say both are ok for mp3 .wav and others.

Anyone with any ideas as to why this should happen, I would love to know, as I have never had this problem before.

moorie- 17:47 02 Mar 07

what did you use to rip them to mp3

Curio 18:03 02 Mar 07

Freerip. Used it for ages with no problems

moorie- 18:08 02 Mar 07

when adding files in deepburner is the description mp3?

pj123 18:14 02 Mar 07

I usually rip to hard drive first then use Nero to burn to CD as DATA not audio.

They remain as MP3s when burnt as data.

Curio 18:38 02 Mar 07

Files ripped to Hard Drive as mp3.Burned by DeepBurner as mp3. using Audio CD Radio button. Will try burning as Data and see what happens.

Curio 20:52 02 Mar 07

Many thanks. Creating as Data did the trick.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Sniper Elite 4 review: Headshotting Nazis has never felt so good

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

The Best Design, Illustration, Animation and VFX Awards of 2017

WWDC 2017 dates: How to get WWDC 2017 tickets, when is WWDC 2017 and more details announced