//some 3rd party need geo

mp3 explorer express help!

BeeWee 19:30 28 Nov 03

mp3 explorer express is the name of the software my son uses to d/l music into his mp3 player. this worked fine with windows 98 but is throwing up the message "player not connected to usb" which it is! i have tried updating the compatability and have looked for new drivers but have failed on both accounts....i wonder if anyone can help or has any suggestions?

canard 19:42 28 Nov 03

Try the software website for updates/info?

BeeWee 20:15 28 Nov 03

have been to the website click here but has proved to be of little use! i can't see any way forward. have emailed them and have my fingers x'd otherwise his mp3 player which cost £179 will be useless!! hope this isn't the case. any other suggestions please?

BeeWee 22:11 28 Nov 03

and if this is so...then will i be able to claim a refund from dixon's....surely this should have lasted longer than a bare 2 years???

ton 22:13 28 Nov 03

I believe that this mp3 player has got a removeable memory card.

If it has, your best bet would be to get a card reader and use that to transfer the music. It's a more reliable way of doing it .

USB card readers start at about £12

ton 22:19 28 Nov 03

The site address you gave didn't work.

This one does click here

The site in Australia

BeeWee 22:48 28 Nov 03

but this site doesn't offer any help for my problem....the one i entered was the one from the cd rom i have click here and this is of no help either. don't know anything about memory readers..could you please explain?

ton 23:15 28 Nov 03

About card readers........
First of all does the player have a removeable memory card?

If you don't know, look at the player to see if there is a small card that you can pull out (switch off first).

If there is, post back to say what type it is.

BeeWee 04:52 29 Nov 03

hello ton..and firstly thank you for your patience with me! yes, there is a memory card...32mb multimedia card lg...that's all it says on it

BeeWee 09:17 29 Nov 03

and i have scoured the website ....peeled away layers and layers and there at the bottom there is a message in tiny print which apologises for having no updated drivers for their mp3 players!! all well and good but does this mean that the player is now rendered useless?

BeeWee 13:34 29 Nov 03

/

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

What is Google Allo? What is Google Duo? Google Allo UK release date rumours and features: Google…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

These clever designs help visualise a complex intelligence tool

iOS 10 troubleshooting tips: Simple fixes for the most common iOS 10 problems, from network…