MP3 encoder error message

Dench 17:29 10 Dec 05

I have a Mesh PC which is 10 months old running Pinnacle software with CD/DVD burner. I have contacted Mesh twice but they are failing to respond to me about this problem so I hope someone can guide me as to the solution.
Whilst trying to use the Pinnacle CD writer software I am receiving an error message 'The demo version of the MP3 encoder has been used more than 20 times, to continue using MP3 functiionality, you need to obtain a full licence.' I did not have any trial versions of Pinnacle with my PC, it was all fully paid for running purchased programs. The error message does not say what programme is affected or where the full licence is required to be obtained from. As it is only Pinnacle that seems to produce this error message I assume that this is the suspect programme. The Pinnacle website is useless and only aimed at sales, not support for their product.

Totally-braindead 18:14 10 Dec 05

Now I may be wrong here but there are lots of programs that have parts which can only be used a number of times before you have to buy it. The one I'm think of was one of the Nero versions, it was the full product and came with a MP3 encoder but until you actually bought it you didn't discover that the MP3 bit was an optional extra that you had to pay more for. It too worked about 20 times before it stopped working. There were quite a few people angry at that one and that I presume is why they stopped doing it. It may be your Pinnacle is the same. You can get MP3 programs on Freeware which would do the job.

SurfMonkey _#:@} 22:05 10 Dec 05

get a free mp3 encoder here its very good it does multiple batches just scrool down to free mp3 encoder it works very well

SurfMonkey _#:@} 22:05 10 Dec 05

sorry forgot the link here it is click here

Dench 12:18 01 Jan 06

I have eventually managed to get a response from Mesh, it took over 4 weeks. They supply a fully licensed Pinnacle programme that includes a 'demo' MP3 encoder. I need to buy the MP3 encoder licence from Pinnacle. What a rubbish company Pinnacle is to carry on in this way.

Totally-braindead 12:29 01 Jan 06

As I said in my earlier responce this is not the only company that have done this, a few people with the Nero version of this were so annoyed that they returned their programs for a refund under the grounds that no where on the box did it mention that the MP3 decoder was a trial.

If you watch out for coverdisks you will find that MP3 software may be picked up for free. I have Musicmatch and I also have a copy of MP3 Station, both were free on PCA coverdisks. In the meantime one of the free ones I have used is Audiograbber. click here Its a nice small free program with full instructions on the website, there is also a codec you need to download to enable you to rip MP3s at a higher bitrate for quality, full details on the site and its free as well. You only have to set the options up once, I mention this as when you first look at all the options it can look overwhelming but you don't need to alter many of the settings, and it works well. The thing I do like about it is the instructions are well written and complete.

Happy new year to you.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

What is Amazon Go and will it come to the UK? The store without checkouts or queues

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Hands-on with the Star Wars fighting drones you can fly yourself

iPhone 9 and beyond: 32 amazing future smartphone developments - graphene, supercapacitor…