MP3 Drivers

Dirk Diggler 19:03 07 Apr 05

Having bought an unbranded MP3 player via Ebay - I presumed it would just be Plug n Play as I am on Win XP.

However, it does find it as a "USB2 Flash Drive" but then asks me to install the driver. Although it came with a CD there is nothing on the disc that it says is a driver!

Although I don't have a USB2.0 card installed, but I was alwaysunder the impression that it these would still work at USB1.1 speed. (Indeed have managed to do exactly that with a friends MP3 player)

My question is: Would the absence of a USB2.0 card mean it might not just Plug and Play or do I have a duff player?

Dirk Diggler 19:04 07 Apr 05

Meant to add that it does not show up as a Device in Control Panel so I cant even drag and drop files.

In Device manager it shows as I mentioned but has a yelloe question mark next to it

Daz35 19:20 07 Apr 05

Put the CD in your drive and then go to device manager and right click on the item and then click properties and driver then install.

If the drivers are on the CD it will find them, otherwise it will look on the net.

Dirk Diggler 22:09 07 Apr 05

NT

vinnyT 13:17 08 Apr 05

When you put the cd in the drive does it auto-start? If so, there should be an option to install, try this.

Have you looked at what is on the cd in windows explorer (or other file manager), there may be a .pdf manual on the disk. There should be some clue as to the name of the device or the manufacturer.

Hope this helps.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

What is Amazon Go and will it come to the UK? The store without checkouts or queues

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Why ecommerce hasn't taken off on social media

New MacBook Pro 2016 review | MacBook Pro with Touch Bar review: Apple's expensive and powerful…