MP3 driver

SylvesterMagic 09:30 28 Dec 04

Bit of a long shot... I was bought an MP3 player for Christmas. It's a 128MB solid state type, one of the small stick looking ones.
Although it says it's a "Sony A380" I'm sure it's a cheap imitation because none of the packaging or instructions are Sony.

It's a bit of tat but I'd like to try and get it working! Trouble is the driver CD I was given with it gives me a "Not checked as compliant for Windows XP" error message when I try to load it so I'm nervous about using it.

I was wondering if there was any such thing as a generic (and safe) driver/programme that I could download from somewhere so that I can download MP3s on to the player?

Any help would be really appreciated.

Neil

Fruit Bat /\0/\ 10:16 28 Dec 04

Load the driver that came with it.

The majority of drivers are not windows compliant because it takes Msoft so long to check then that an update has been brought out before they are authorised.

Just another scam by Msoft to make more money.

interzone55 16:29 28 Dec 04

Have you tried plugging it in & getting windows to recognise it as a USB mass storage device?

Most of the cheap ones are just a flash drive with a built in MP3 decoder, so you can just copy MP3s across using windows explorer.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Intel Coffee Lake 8th-gen Core processors release date rumours

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Framestore’s haunting post-WWII title sequence for new BBC series SS-GB

How to install MacOS Sierra on an older Mac: Get Sierra running on Macs & MacBooks from before 2009