MP3 Converting

bta1 21:45 02 Oct 03

I put all of my cd's on to my computer recently using media player nine. They are all converted into WMA (i think, whatever the default for media nine is when you copy cd's on to you hard disk) f but someone has advised me that it would be better to put them into mp3 as it would take up less room on my hard disk. As i am barely into my hardisks capacity yet (i think its somehing like 33% used) is it still wotrth going through the hassle of convertin them all? (there is about 1000 files.) and what programme should i use to do it?

mark500 21:49 02 Oct 03

WMA are smaller than MP3 of the same bitrate anyway,so you wouldn't gain anything from it.
-------------------------------------------------

Computer meaning of the day

WINDOWS - Will Install Needless Data On Whole System

-------------------------------------------------

TommyRed 21:56 02 Oct 03

This is the program I use dBPowerAmp click here . HTH TR

bta1 22:36 02 Oct 03

it appears the files are winamp media files

Ironman556 23:05 02 Oct 03

You might be able to use Win Amp to covert back to wav files. Then use Simple MP3 from click here to convert wav to MP3 or WMA.

You could also use Simple MP3 to convert CD's to MP3 at any bitrate you want. I use 192 Kbps usually, (anything much higher is pointless from CD's), 128 Kbps is meant to be CD quality, but I find 192 Kbps is better.

You can use Simple to convert whole folders of files, but if you're happy with how they sound then leave them alone, converting to MP3 won't gain any quality unless you do them from the source CD's again, it will however let you play them on more media players, but if you're using a jukebox like Winamp anyway you're not going to gain much by converting.

Hope that makes sense, the choice is yours, but if you're going to convert to MP3 I'd suggest starting by going through the CD's again, then burn backups to CDR so you don't have to go through it all again.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

New Google phones UK release date | Pixel XL price, new features, specifications: Pixel X and…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

iOS 10 troubleshooting tips: Simple fixes for the most common iOS 10 problems, from network…