mp3 converter?

TommyRed 19:23 24 Apr 03

I posted a few days back about my neighbour who deleted his Nero CD burner by mistake. I've managed to find him a free download from 'Ashampoo' which will allow him to burn Cd's but little else, that's all he want's. The problem is that I downloaded it to, to see what problems, if any, he'd encounter. The first couple of MP3's wouldn't enter the playlist because of this error message "Sorry, this track has incompatible audio paramaters. You can only add 16-bit stereo tracks with a sampling rate of 44.1 Khz to your playlists."
Went to the 'help' section which said this.
"For recording to audio CDs your MP3 files must be encoded in 16 bits at 44.1kHz. Links to converter programs are available in the support section on our website."
Went to their website support and the only converter I could find was 9.99Euro's. As I'm trying to do this for free does anyone know anywhere else I could get this converter, have been to 'Download.com' but I don't know the name of what I'm looking for. Any suggestions?

mikef™ 20:14 24 Apr 03

If you go to the download section on this site and type mp3 in the search box you will get several options of converters amongst all the other options.

Zaxifone 23:35 24 Apr 03

I would personally recommend dbPowerAMP. Superb free converter. Search for it on download.com...

Have fun...

Z.

Personally i would be looking for an alternative free cd burning application. I burn all sorts of audio on cd's and never had that problem.

Did you burn the cd as an audio cd? if so, burn it as a data cd instead.

Regards
Graham

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

How to get Windows 10 for free | How to install Windows 10: There is still a way to avoid paying…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Alex Chinneck’s giant ice cube Christmas tree at Kings Cross

Apple rumours & predictions 2017: The iPhone 8, new iPads, and everything else you should expect fr7…