MP3 to CDA onto CD-RW

Air_Man 13:33 23 Oct 04

I have just successfully managed to convert MP3s to CDA files on a CDR. Trouble is, as I am copying 25 minute radio shows, I can only get two on a CD, and rather than throwing it away after (I dont want to keep them, just listen to the in the car when driving to/from work) wondered if it was possible to us a CD-RW so I could just erase them when I'd listened to them and then copy new shows onto the CD-RW.

I used iTunes to get my current MP3s onto the CDR but have Nero as well (unfortunately my version of INCD which came with the CDRW drive wont run on XP).

Any Ideas?

tehtarek 05:17 23 Jan 05

AirMan,
I tried using a cdrw of songs in cda format burnt witn Nero6 but it wont play in my car's player. Got an error message. Cdr with songs in cda format worked.
Am watching this thrrad for favourable advice.

ICF 07:33 23 Jan 05

First of all Air_Man & tehtarek
You have to be sure your car cd player will play CD-RW.With Nero the process of burning mp3 onto a cd to be played on a domestic cd player or car player (that can't play mp3)is all done for you if you select the correct format ie audio cd

ICF 07:42 23 Jan 05

Air_Man

Why are you concerned about INCD you don't need this to make audio cd's.INCD is a packet writing program for using CD-RW like large floppies and dragging and dropping data within Internet Explore.

Air_Man 11:09 23 Jan 05

I think I am now starting to understand the audio formats better. It appears that a CR-RW can't be read by all CD-ROMs and those that can play them, usually promote this fact. I have alos recently bought a new car stereo for someone and my research showed up things like the fact that newer car stereos can not only read & play CD-RW but also automatically decode MP3s etc.

I think my question is now resolved and thats for your help.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Best phone camera 2016/2017: Galaxy S7 vs iPhone 7 vs Google Pixel vs HTC 10 Evo vs OnePlus 3T vs…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

These are the Best Christmas Ads and Studio Projects of 2016

Super Mario Run preview | Hands-on first impressions of Super Mario Run: Mario's iPhone & iPad…