mp3 to cd

zebbydog 13:38 28 Mar 04

I have been told you can put about 100 mp3 songs onto a standard 700mb disc and play them on your pc and some home dvd players.
Is this right and if so how do you do it.
Any imfo please Zebby

dazzling (work) 13:41 28 Mar 04

if your using nero 5.5 or later select nero exspress goto audio cd then the mp3 disk option and follow the instructions.you can also burn folders with mp3 files straight to cd as you would with a data cd.darren

Â ÑÌÇKÑÂMË 13:44 28 Mar 04

It would depend how big the MP3 files were has to how many you will get on a disc you may well get 100 on a 700mb disc if there small enough,but you may only get 20 depends on size.

Regards.

pj123 13:45 28 Mar 04

If they are already on your hard disk as MP3s then just copy them to a CD using Nero or whatever burning programme you have as a "Data Disk" NOT "Audio CD". If you make an audio CD nero will automatically convert them to .cda and you will only get about 16 to 20 on the CD.

If they are not already on your hard disk then you would need to record them (in real time) using a recording programme (I use LP Recorder) as .wav files. Then they will need converting to MP3s (I use WISMP3).

Paranoid Android 13:46 28 Mar 04

If you use MusicMatch Jukebox it has a built-in option to burn MP3 tracks to CD.

click here

Marvin

Paranoid Android 13:49 28 Mar 04

The others are correct of course - you will only get 100 or so tracks if you leave them in MP3 format, but then you need a compatible player. The MusicMatch option I suggested will convert them to audio files for any CD player.

Marvin the humble.

temp003 13:53 28 Mar 04

You can certainly put more than 100 mp3 files on a CD (burned as data cd). But if you want to play that CD (which is not an audio CD) on any player (DVD or CD player), that player has to support mp3 as part of its specifications.

leo49 13:59 28 Mar 04

"If they are not already on your hard disk then you would need to record them (in real time) using a recording programme (I use LP Recorder) as .wav files. Then they will need converting to MP3s (I use WISMP3)."

zebbydog

I would suggest you ignore the above quoted paragraph when dealing with CDs[I presume pj123 is referring to ripping vinyl as it's a ridiculously longwinded procedure when dealing with CDs]- you can rip CDs directly to whatever format you choose using any one of a number freeware software options or even Nero.

One I use - dbpoweramp Converter -:

click here

pj123 14:54 28 Mar 04

leo49. Yes, you are absolutely right. As zebbydog didn't say where these MP3 files were originating from I just mentioned the way I do it from LPs, Cassettes or Reel to Reel tapes. But can you "pick and mix" from various CDs and burn directly to a blank CD or do you have to save them to hard disk first and burn all at once? As I have a CD player in my car I just take the CDs I want to play with me, so I haven't bothered MP3ing from CD. And thanks for your link I will try it.

zebbydog 16:49 28 Mar 04

I have ticked and will give it a try, it seems straight forward. It is to play at work without having to keep changeing the disc's. Zebby

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

New Google phones UK release date | Pixel XL price, new features, specifications: Pixel X and…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

This is the future of TV, VR and holograms

iOS 10 troubleshooting tips: Simple fixes for the most common iOS 10 problems, from network…