MP3 burning - are there different types?

Greengage 19:33 12 Jul 07

I have ripped several CDs to WMP and then burnt them on to one CD in MP3 format using firstly, Nero 6 and then Ashampoo Burning. The finished result (through both programs) plays OK on my PCs and my DVD player and my DVD recorder. My car stereo & CD player (Sony) states that it will play MP3 recorded on CD-R etc but the disc must be in the ISO 9660 level 1 or level 2 format, or Joliet or Romeo in the expansion format. The disc I have burnt will not play in the Sony car player. Is there anything I have done wrong or anything I can do to make it do so?

baldtaco 01:59 13 Jul 07

Greengage, hola

I've never come across this, but I'm suspecting your car player is being anal about the length of a file name, a character, or something else about the directory structure. Have a sniff here - click here

Greengage 11:56 13 Jul 07

Thanks for your response baldtaco. I have had a read of the linked article and I must admit I got a little lost after the first few paragraphs. I have since tried burning the MP3 Disc again but just the songs (ie I did not copy across the albums as such in case I was breaching the more than 8 characters in the folder name) and again it plays in all my other equipment but not the car CD.

pj123 12:18 13 Jul 07

Are you burning them as Data?

I burn MP3s using Nero as Data and not Make MP3 CD. Works for me.

bruno 12:27 13 Jul 07

I have just finished burning a few discs to use in my car player and I was given a choice of two boxes to tick,whether I wanted to play back on this or that eqipment.I chose the lower box (using WMP) and they all work fine except one I accidently made in WMA(forgot to change the format).

Greengage 15:21 13 Jul 07

Tried using Nero again and burnt as Data - still no joy. Bruno, I do not seem to be given the options you mention. Thank you both for suggestions.

ICF 16:33 13 Jul 07

What is the model number of your Car CD player?

ICF 16:40 13 Jul 07

Have you ticked the option to finalize the disc on the burn page of nero?

Greengage 17:38 13 Jul 07

Yes, finalised - and the discs play in other PCs and DVD equipment and each title has an MP3 tag. Car CD Player is Sony 6CD - came with my Mondeo.

bruno 19:05 13 Jul 07

The way I do it is as follows.
Open My Music/select file /right click on file/sendto/Drive E(in my case)/
you should then get a balloon saying you have files waiting to be written to CD.Open this balloon and highlight the file/write to CD/next(in the next dialogue box.You should then get the box I referred to which gives you the choice of what type of CD you want to make.I always use the bottom selection.
Hope this helps.

Greengage 21:45 13 Jul 07

Thanks bruno. I have tried twice today to burn through WMP but without success. The first time I dragged & dropped within the program and whenever I clicked Burn nothing happened. I have tried your method by way of "Send to" and have all the titles there ready to burn on my E Drive but I get a message no disc in drive, which there is. Can you proffer an explanation? Thanks for your help.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Nintendo Switch review: Hands-on with the intuitive modular console and its disappointing games…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

This abstract video touches on division in our technologic world

Best alternatives to iTunes for Mac | Best music players for macOS: Free your music from the…