MP3 Backwards/Reverse???

cheechman 17:13 20 Apr 06

Does anybody know of software (preferably free!) which I can use to play clips of music backwards?

Thanks

Marie

pj123 17:21 20 Apr 06

Why would you want to play it backwards?

I remember a long time ago when I played clarinet in a jazzband we used to play a number backwards.

All we did though was all the musicians turned around and faced the wall. The number was played the same but the audience could only see our backs.

cheechman 17:22 20 Apr 06

Its for a quiz I've been asked to organise at work. I just wanted it to be a bit different rather than just playing the intros.

Totally-braindead 17:37 20 Apr 06

This may do it click here it says it does anyway, it also appear to be on the DVD cover of this months PCA magazine June edition.

Eric half-a-bee 17:48 20 Apr 06

Audacity click here
To save as mp3 you'll also need this .dll click here. Reverse is in the effects.

cheechman 19:06 25 Apr 06

Eric half-a-bee. Thanks very much this is exactly what I needed.

Another cheeky question. Do you know if you can use Audacity to join a number of mp3's to make one long mp3? I have looked in help but it isn't clear.

Totally-braindead. thanks also but this was a little too complicated.

Monoux 19:11 25 Apr 06

bookmark

Eric half-a-bee 19:44 25 Apr 06

You can piece mp3s (and a host of other formats) together. It took me ages to figure out how -then I forgot and had to figure it again, and I found few different ways.

Open the first part of the mp3 in Audcity. Then open the next part with "Project", "Import Audio". Highlight the new track(s) by left-clicking on the grey "Audio track" tab, by by using the mouse to select the section. Cut (scissors icon) and paste on to the end of the existing track - don't worry about leaving a gap - the tracks are fitted together. If you need a break between tracks use "Generate", "Silence" to add about 30 secs which you can then cut down by highlighting and then just delete. Always check the track afterwards and if anything is wrong use "Edit" and "Undo"

Alternatively, you can play the tracks in another media player and simply record by setting the Input to Mono or Stereo Mix. You'll have to play about with the volume and record levels.

Or you can open the tracks in seperates windows - "File", "Open" will give you new windows for each track, then cut and paste.

A word of warning, make frequent saves and always check your final product on another media player - lately I've found that Windows Media Player reproduces Audcaity files with low bitrates (below 128 kBps) poorly, although it sounds fine on Audcaity itself.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Best phone camera 2016/2017: Galaxy S7 vs iPhone 7 vs Google Pixel vs HTC 10 Evo vs OnePlus 3T vs…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

These are the Best Christmas Ads and Studio Projects of 2016

Super Mario Run preview | Hands-on first impressions of Super Mario Run: Mario's iPhone & iPad…