MP3 auto renaming

Tribal-Wolf 10:34 23 May 07

I used to use a program called Psychic MP3 which would get info from cddb database and rename a full album in in almost one click. This software doesnt seem to work as well as it did so I was wondering if anyone knew of something else which works the same way?

scotty 10:50 23 May 07

A good program for converting CDs to MP3 files is CDEX. This also uses the cddb database and is simple to configure. CDEX is available to download free, just Google for it.

Tribal-Wolf 10:53 23 May 07

Coverting cd's is ok as I can use nero to rip them with the titles etc. The software I was using would rename a folder with mp3's in it and as I have alot of folders/albums from converted tapes and vinyl this would speed things up a great deal. Thanks for your help though scotty :)

scotty 11:06 23 May 07

CDs have an number which can be read and used to identify the CD. This information is used to obtain the correct data from cddb. If you already have the files as MP3s I am not sure how you can use the cddb database. As far as I know, MP3s do not use a similar identifier.

MAJ 11:17 23 May 07

I don't think this is what you're looking for, but XP can rename a number of folders at once. Select all the folders to be renamed, right-click and choose Rename, type in the new name and press Return. The folders will be renamed to 'new_name', 'new_name(1)', 'new_name(2)' etc.

Tribal-Wolf 11:36 23 May 07

Pychic MP3 works by gather info such as track length and track number and checks against a cddb if it finds more than one possibility it gives you the choice. It was formerly known as CDDB Tool I think.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Sniper Elite 4 review: Headshotting Nazis has never felt so good

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

The Fresh New Fonts of 2017

WWDC 2017 dates: How to get WWDC 2017 tickets, when is WWDC 2017 and more details announced