MP3 Audio files no longer play in WMP9 series?

Lord_Anubis 18:37 07 Jun 03

Hi
I've recently noticed that my MP3 audio files no longer play in Windows Media Player 9, they used to work dine. The same files play perfectly in Real One, WinAMP and several other players but when i try them in WMP i get this message:

The audio codec identified by the format tag 55 is required to play this file. To determine if this codec is available to download from the Web, click Web Help.

Anyone know whats happening, i've tried re-installing WMP9 to no avail :(.

ton 23:24 07 Jun 03

A quick way to clean up the file is to open the file up in WinAMP 2.x, right-click on the file in the Playlist window, choose "File Info" and uncheck ID3v1 tag and ID3v2 tag, then click Update. The file should then work fine in WMP.

Lord_Anubis 23:35 07 Jun 03

Would doing this for one MP3 file make it work for all other MP3's, because this is effecting all of my mp3's including ones i know work.

ton 00:53 08 Jun 03

I would imagine you would have to 'clean' each mp3 file. It seems a lot of people have had these sort of problems with WMP9. I don't like WMP myself, I much prefer Winamp.

Lord_Anubis 00:57 08 Jun 03

Well it didn't work for any of them :(, ahh well guese i'll just have to use winamp. Kinda prefer it to wmp9 anyways, just nice to have the option.
Thanks for your help ton :D

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Best phone camera 2016/2017: Galaxy S7 vs iPhone 7 vs Google Pixel vs HTC 10 Evo vs OnePlus 3T vs…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Best Christmas Agency Projects of 2016

Super Mario Run preview | Hands-on first impressions of Super Mario Run: Mario's iPhone & iPad…