jonboy 23:51 28 May 03

i have a mp3 file on my pc and want to take parts of it and create other mp3 file can i do this i was told to use goldwave and lame but cannot seam to b able to do it .... please help

Zaxifone 00:14 29 May 03

You will need to change it to a .wav file to edit it, or load it into a program such as Sound Forge, which will automatically convert it for editing. DBPowerAMP will change it into a .wav file for editing in any wav sound editing program. Get it at click here

Time for bed...

Night jonboy... ;)

ton 01:20 29 May 03

Goldwave can do this quite easily. First open the file in Goldwave. Play the file to see where the first track is. Now right click at the start of your chosen track. Then left click 'set start marker'. Do the same right click to 'set finish marker'. You should now have your selected track highlighted and the rest dark. If you click the yellow play button it will play just this piece. If its not quite right you can drag the mark to move it. Now click File, Save As, and give your first track a name, you should also have options for mp3 quality. Now just do the same again to grab your second track. Just remember that the blue part will be saved, the dark part won't.

ton 01:38 29 May 03

With the above instructions I am assuming you have version 5 of Goldwave. If you have version 4 it is slightly different but the principle is the same. Post again if you still have problems.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Surface Studio vs iMac 5K comparison review: Apple and Microsoft all-in-one PCs battle it out

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Social media image sizes, specs and aspect ratios: the ultimate guide

New MacBook Pro release date, price and specs | New MacBook Pro 2016 announced: Now with Touch Bar…