MP2download

I was daft enough to load 'MP3download' a couple of weeks ago and now I cannot get rid if it. I have tried deleting it in all the usual ways a nd even deleting it with 'Cyberscrub' but it still comes back. I presume this means it is in the startup menu,but what is it called? I am asking for your help before I do the arduous task of unticking one entry at a time.
Can anyone help?

Big Elf 11:52 11 Jan 04

Is MP3Download a program? If it is it might have also installed spyware so check out

Spybot click here

AdAware click here

Does it appear on the uninstall programs list?

This morning I have tried Spybot and Adaware but I have had no luck ,they do not recognise it.
I have also tried Add/Remove and 'Your Uninstaller' but it is not listed.
And i can not find any reference to it in the start up file.

waggers 14:02 11 Jan 04

have you checked to make sure it isn't a hidden file? Go into properties and select the 'hidden files' box. You will then be able to see ALL the files, including system files that are hidden for protection so be careful if you delete anything.

Properties where

R4 16:52 11 Jan 04

Start:

Settings:

Folder Options:

View: Check Show all files

I have windows xp, there is no Start,settings

R4 19:33 11 Jan 04

Win 98 SE is mine, I believe you can get to it from explorer (if thats what it's called in XP) try :-

Tools:

Folder options

waggers 22:40 11 Jan 04

i have xp too. Try:

start button
programs
accessories
windows explorer

tools:
folder options
'view' tab

go down to 'hidden files and folders'
click 'show hidden files and folders' circle.

hope it helps.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

New Google phones UK release date | Pixel XL price, new features, specifications: Pixel X and…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

This is the future of TV, VR and holograms

iPhone 7 review: Enhanced cameras, a refreshed design and water resistance make the iPhone 7 an…